If you don’t have an Adsense account, the first step is to request approval.
Make sure to follow these tips (all of them) to make sure you get approved.
(I’ve read somewhere that Adsense accepts only 3 accounts out of every applications, so you definitely want to be one of those 3).
By the way, there is no telling how long your application will take to be reviewed, but the norm is around 3 days.
So let’s dive into the things you should do:
- Have a reasonable amount of content (ideally a minimum of 15 posts)
- The content must be unique / high quality. Aim for a minimum of 500-600 words per post
- Don’t use copyrighted images
- Make sure to have these pages created:
- Contact (if possible put your name and address)
- Terms and Conditions
- Your site must be in one of these languages
Use a nice looking design
Make sure your theme is reponsive (ie, looks good on a mobile device)
Apply using your root domain (not a subdomain)
Ideally, you want your domain to be a bit old (in some countries, like India and China, they require it to be at least 6 months old, but something like 1-2 months should be fine)
Adsense has a strict policy when it comes to the niche/thematic of your site. These are some of the content types not allowed by Adsense:
- Pornography/Adult materials
- Pirated Content
- Hacking or Cracking Tutorials
- Illegal Drugs/Paraphernalia
- Any Other Illegal Stuff
Other ads / monetization
When applying for Adsense, make sure your site does not have any kind of ads (you can add them later on, once you get approved, as long as it does not break the Adsense TOS)
You must be 18+ to apply for the program
Make sure your traffic comes from reputable sources (SEO/organic traffic being the best one).